Monday, September 26, 2011

Tribal Girl

I wanted to sketch a tribal girl using colours that I was absolutely not comfortable with...also the Indian-ness was not exactly my style of work. The leaves seemed appropriate for the girl who maybe roamed forests and played with leaves and flowers and use them as accessories.
I'm originally from a small town at the foothills of the Himalayas called Kalimpong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalimpong).
I remember as a child I used to use Thunder Lillies as earrings and used to make flower and creeper wreaths and use it as headgear. It's sad...kids these days are indoors most of the time...We used to freak out outdoors and eat all sorts of plants and flowers and fruits...It's a miracle that I did not get poisoned!!!!  Oh!!! how I miss the hills :(

No comments: